Everglades National Park is:
- The largest continuous stand of sawgrass prairie in all North America.
- The predominant water recharge area for the entire of South Florida, via the Biscayne aquifer.
- A proclaimed World Heritage Site, a Biosphere Reserve, a Wetland of International Significance, and an Outstanding Florida Water.
- Home to more than fourteen endangered and nine threatened species.Largest mangrove ecosystem in the western hemisphere.Largest designated wilderness in the southeast.
- The most significant breeding grounds for tropical wading birds in North America.
- Site of significant ethnographic resources.
- Site of a nationally significant estuarine complex in Florida Bay.
- The only subtropical preserve on the North American continent.Major "edge" area of the northern and southern limits for many species creating a unique mingling of diverse temperate and subtropical species.
Take a tour of the Everglades